Leggi questo post in: Italiano
One sewing pattern in either English or Italian (choose your preferred language in the drop-down menu above) for the Super Bib Pattern Pack. Please note that this is an instant downloadable PDF pattern, NOT a finished sewn product!
The Super Bib Pack is collection of bib patterns to accompany your child from infancy through young childhood, keeping both child AND mother clean! There are five bib styles (including burp cloth) and optional pocket, wipeable, waterproof and reversible versions to best accomodate your family’s needs!
Why is this pattern awesome?
- All ages: The bibs come in a small size for infants, great for catching drool, or a larger size for children starting to eat solids.
- Tailored to YOUR needs: Do you prefer to throw dirty things right in the wash? Then sew up a regular or waterproof bib. Or would you rather just quickly wipe down the front of the bib after use? Then choose the wipeable version! You can also choose between tied or snapped/velcroed bib styles, according to what you prefer!
- Use up fabric scraps: Anyone who sews inevitably ends up with lots of odds and ends of fabric pieces. These pattern pieces are small, so these bibs are a great way to use up your scraps!
- Beginner level: Even beginners can follow these instructions with the clear steps, illustrations and links to learn more about techniques. Sewists who don’t feel comfortable with bias binding can sew the styles without it!
- Perfect gift: Do you always wonder what to give a new mother? Sew up an adorable matching set of bibs and burp cloths, and she’ll be thrilled!
- Simplicity and speed: Two PDF files for instant download so you can get started right away.
- Save printer ink: An additional pattern file for printing at a copy shop is included, so you don’t have to use up your printer cartidges or assemble pages. Also consider reading the instructions from your screen instead of printing them out.
- Ideals: Don’t want to contribute to environmental problems? These bibs can be easily made from repurposed towels, sheets, or clothing. Instructions are given on how to best repurpose items you already have in your home!
- Earn money: If you have a small business selling products you’ve sewn, license for small-scale production for sale is included.
Let’s get down to the nitty gritty.
The instructions include:
- 15-page pattern for home printing, with a table specifying which pages to print (here’s a tutorial on how to print and assemble PDF patterns).
- Extra PDF pattern file for printing on 36″ (90 cm) wide paper at a copy shop if you prefer not to print at home.
- Instructions for 2 bib styles in 2 sizes each, plus a burp cloth pattern, sewn completely with bias binding or turned and topstitched.
- Wipeable, waterproof and double face options. Optional pocket for the large bibs.
- Template and instructions for freezer paper stenciling or appliqueing words on the bibs.
- Professional line drawings illustrating each step.
- Links to tutorials for specific techniques.
To sew this product, you need:
- Regular sewing machine
- Basic sewing skills (Need sewing help? Take my free sewing lessons!)
- Acrobat Reader for viewing the PDF file (click to download it for free)
- Small amounts of quilting cotton, flannel, terry, sweatshirt fleece, PUL, oilcloth or vinyl (depending on options chosen)
- Double fold bias tape (depending on style chosen)
- Heat’n Bond Lite or other iron-on adhesive (optional, if adding words)
- Freezer paper and fabric paint (optional, if adding words)
- 1 snap set (depending on style chosen. Can be substituted with velcro.)
- Standard sewing machine
How to download the PDF files:
You can download the pattern files immediately after purchase, or download them from the email that will be sent to the address you purchased from. Please note that you will only be able to download the files ONE time, so please make sure that you will be able to save them when you click to download. The one download does not expire, so there is no rush to do so immediately!
Visit Cucicucicoo for free sewing and crafting tutorials and patterns, and sign up for the weekly newsletter for free PDF patterns (details here), sewing and crafting news and tips, and weekly links to other free patterns!
Don’t forget to show off your work! Post pictures of your bibs and burp cloths to the Cucicucicoo Creations Flickr group, to the Cucicucicoo Facebook page or any other social media with the hashtag #cucicucicoopatterns! And for any questions at all, feel free to contact me at [email protected]