Leggi questo post in: Italiano
Two sewing patterns in either English or Italian (choose your preferred language in the drop-down menu above) for the Simple Leggings pattern for women and for girls. Please note that these are instant downloadable PDF patterns, NOT a finished sewn product!
The Simple Leggings sewing pattern for ladies and girls bundle consists of the Simple Leggings for Girls and the Simple Leggings for Women patterns, for a total of 23 sizes from age 2 and up! This is a great way to sew matching clothing for you and your daughter!
The Simple Leggings pattern has three lengths (long, ¾ length, and shorts) and both high and low waist options, so you can make versions for any time of the year or any temperature! They are perfect to wear as regular bottoms under a shirt or tunic, or layered under skirts or dresses.
Depending on the fabric used and the outfit they’re worn with, the Simple Leggings can be fancy or casual. Wear them to work or school, to date night or a slumber party, or to yoga practice or debate club practice!
Beginners can easily sew Simple Leggings with a basic stretch stitch and zig zag stitch, while more advanced sewists can also use a twin needle and/or overlock machine. All techniques are described in the instructions.
Simple Leggings sewing pattern for ladies and girls: lengths
Why is this pattern awesome?
- Sizes for every girl and woman on your list! This bundle consists of both Simple Leggings patterns, for girls and for women, for a total of 23 sizes from age 2 and up! You will be able to create comfy and useful leggings for any and everyone you want! And how fun is it to match your daughter?! (Scroll down to see the size charts below.)
- Options, options, options: Choose between three leg lengths and two waist heights.
- So versatile: You can wear leggings with shirts, tunics, dresses, skirts, for sports practice, dancing with friends or date night with your sweetie.
- Comfy travel: Wear leggings under a skirt when travelling so you can remove them or put them back on as needed. I always have a pair of leggings with me when travelling, especially when I’m taking a plane!
- Quick results: Once you’ve prepared your pattern and sewn a first pair to figure out how to make them, it’ll take you no more than 30 minutes to sew each pair. That’s a very quick handmade garment!
- Perfect DIY gift: Every gal loves leggings and can use another pair. Why not sew a pair for each of your favorite ladies and girls?
- Beginner level: Don’t fear if you’ve never sewn stretchy knit fabric before. The instructions give you all the information that you’ll need, and this very simple pattern is a perfect first project with knits! In addition, links are provided to even more detailed photo and/or video tutorials for the techniques.
- Simplicity and speed: Four PDF files for instant download (two for girls and two for women). Print the patterns on your home printer so you can get started right away.
- Save printer ink: Additional pattern files for printing at a copy shop are included, so you don’t have to use up your printer cartidges or assemble pages. Also consider reading the instructions from your screen instead of printing them out.
- Ideals: Sick of supporting sweatshops and massive chain stores who don’t guarantee worker safety and dignity? I don’t blame you– I am too! When you sew your own clothing, you are supporting a small, family-run business. Which would be me, in this case! Thank you so much!!
The instructions include:
- Patterns for home printing, with tables specifying which pages to print according to size and length (here’s a tutorial on how to print and assemble PDF patterns). The PDF format also allows you to hide sizes you don’t need in order to avoid wasting printer ink (this tutorial shows you how).
- Extra PDF pattern files for printing on A0 sized paper at a copy shop if you prefer not to print at home.
- Professional line drawings illustrating each step.
- Tables with fabric requirements for each size and length.
- Links to tutorials for specific techniques.
To sew this product, you need:
- Regular sewing machine (serger/overlock machine optional for some steps)
- Beginner sewing skills (Need sewing help? Take my free sewing lessons!)
- Acrobat Reader for viewing the PDF file (click to download it for free)
- Knit fabric with at least 5% spandex/lycra content. It MUST have a four-way stretch (meaning that it stretches both vertically and horizontally) and about a 50% stretch. More information is given in the instructions on how to choose fabric and the amount needed.
- 1″ (2.5 cm) non-roll elastic for the waistband
- Ballpoint pins*
- Polyester thread*
- Stretch needle*
- Standard sewing machine (serger/overlock machine optional for some steps)
- Stretch twin needle* (optional)
How to download the PDF files:
You can download the pattern files immediately after purchase, or download them from the email that will be sent to the address you purchased from. Note that the email with the links might be slightly delayed in arriving, so I highly suggest you download the files directly from the purchase confirmation page.
Visit Cucicucicoo for free sewing and crafting tutorials and patterns, and sign up here for the bi-monthly newsletter for dozens of free patterns, sewing and crafting tutorials, news and tips, and links to other free patterns!
Don’t forget to show off your work! Post pictures of your Simple Leggings to Kollabora, the Cucicucicoo Facebook page or any other social media with the hashtag #cucicucicoopatterns! And for any questions at all, feel free to contact me at [email protected]!
*All starred links are affiliate links which help fund this blog. All opinions are my own.
Please read my affiliate link disclosure for more information.