Leggi questo post in: Italiano
One sewing pattern in either English or Italian (choose your preferred language in the drop-down menu above) for the Sea Snuggler Mermaid Tail Blanket Sewing Pattern. Please note that this is an instant downloadable PDF pattern, NOT a finished sewn product!
The Sea Snuggler Mermaid Tail Blanket Sewing Pattern is a super fun slip-on body blanket in the shape of a mermaid tail. Pull it over the lower body to just under your bust for the warmth of a snuggly blanket without it slipping off. Feet slip inside the fins and the fit is wide around the legs to allow for movement and for wearing it over bulky winter clothing.
Choose between sixteen sizes (six children sizes, ages 2-12, and ten adult sizes) and two fin shapes. The Sea Snuggler is fully reversible and you can choose whether to create a loose elastic waistband or to leave the top flat.
- Super Snuggly: Once you get intside one of these blankets, you won’t want to take it off! Because it stays in place around your body, it warms up quickly and never slips off. So cozy, perfect for snuggling up on the couch or on bed to read, watch a movie, knit or embroider!
- Sparkles and color… or not: The Sea Snuggler can be personalized in so many ways! Choose super fun fabric with sequins, glitter and shine, or crazy bright colors and prints, or keep it simple with stripes or solid colors.
- Reversible: Can’t make up your mind if you want sparkly color or simple warmth? Do both! Because the Sea Snuggler is reversible, you can turn it inside out to change look!
- Options, options, options: Choose between two fin shapes and flat or elasticized waistband. There’s also an extra tip for making a drawstring waistband. Want a lighter springtime blanket? Use lighter fabrics!
- All the rage: Have you noticed that these days it’s all about mermaids and unicorns? Get in on the action!
- Perfect DIY gift: Make a bunch of Sea Snugglers to give away for birthday and holiday gifts this year!
- Intermediate level: This mermaid tail blanket sewing pattern is actually quite easy to sew, and the few intermediate-level techniques (such as the “burrito” method of attaching the body and fins), are explained in detail.
- Simplicity and speed: Two PDF files for instant download and home printing so you can get started right away.
- Save printer ink: An additional pattern file for printing at a copy shop is included, so you don’t have to use up your printer cartidges or assemble pages. Also consider reading the instructions from your screen instead of printing them out.
- Ideals: Don’t want to contribute to environmental problems? The Sea Snuggler Mermaid Tail Blanket sewing pattern is perfect to sew from pre-loved bedsheets or blankets instead of new fabric!
- Match up! Because there are 16 sizes for both children and adults, everyone in your family can have his/her own Sea Snuggler, matching or not! (If anyone isn’t a fan of mermaids, there is also a great tip to turn the blanket into a shark!) There’s even a link to a free pattern to make a matching mermaid costume for dolls!
The instructions include:
- 22-page pattern for home printing, with a table specifying which pages to print according to size and fin choice (here’s a tutorial on how to print and assemble PDF patterns). The PDF format also allows you to hide sizes you don’t need to avoid wasting printer ink and to save your eyes (this tutorial shows you how).
- Extra PDF pattern file for printing on 36″ (90 cm) wide paper at a copy shop if you prefer not to print at home.
- Size charts for 16 blanket sizes.
- Professional line drawings illustrating each step.
- Table with fabric requirements for 60″ (150 cm) or 44″ (115 cm) wide fabric.
- Cutting guide for fabric optimization.
- Links to tutorials for specific techniques.
To sew this product, you need:
- Regular sewing machine
- Low-intermediate sewing skills (Need sewing help? Take my free sewing lessons!)
- Acrobat Reader for viewing the PDF file (click to download it for free)
- Between 90 cm (1 yd.) and 320 cm (3½ yds.) of fabric per layer (one amount for the main outer fabric, and again for the inner lining fabric), depending on size (or be eco-friendly and repurpose snuggly flannel or jersey sheets and/or fleece or wool blankets!)
- 23mm (7/8”) elastic slightly longer than the waist circumference (only for the elastic waistband option)
- Standard sewing machine
How to download the PDF files:
You can download the pattern files immediately after purchase, or download them from the email that will be sent to the address you purchased from. Please note that you will only be able to download the files ONE time, so please make sure that you will be able to save them when you click to download. The one download does not expire, so there is no rush to do so immediately!
Visit Cucicucicoo for free sewing and crafting tutorials and patterns, and sign up here for the bi-monthly newsletter for dozens of free patterns, sewing and crafting tutorials, news and tips, and links to other free patterns!
Don’t forget to show off your work! Post pictures of your Sea Snuggler Mermaid Tail Blanket to the Cucicucicoo Creations Flickr group, to the Cucicucicoo Facebook page or any other social media with the hashtag #cucicucicoopatterns! And for any questions at all, feel free to contact me at [email protected]!