Leggi questo post in: Italiano
One sewing pattern in either English or Italian (choose your preferred language in the drop-down menu above) for the Evening Primrose Pajama Pants for Women. Please note that this is an instant downloadable PDF pattern, NOT a finished sewn product!
The Evening Primrose is a yellow flower that is closed throughout the day opening up only in the evening and night. The Primrose Pajama Pants are similar in the sense that they are closed up inside a drawer during the day, and worn and appreciated at night!
This is the only women’s pajama pants pattern you’ll ever need because of all the possibilities it gives you!
Why is this pattern awesome?
- Comfort: The loose-fitting design won’t squeeze or pull on your body, and is so comfortable that you’ll want to wear them all day long!
- Year-round wear: Three lengths (pants, 3/4 and shorts) mean that you can make these in various fabrics for night-wear in any season!
- Customized to you: Choose among 11 sizes according to the waist size and customize the leg length according to the instructions.
- Comfortably snug waist: The pants fit on the low waist and you can choose between an elastic or drawstring waistband.
- Carry your stuff: Optional in-seam pockets (in three sizes) are hidden from sight, ready for anything you want to stick in them. Don’t like pockets? No problem– instructions are given for non-pocketed pants, too.
- Beginner level: If you can sew with the straight stitch and the zig zag stitch, you can make these.
- Simplicity and speed: Two PDF files for instant download and home printing so you can get started right away.
- Save money: You will never have to buy a pair of PJ pants EVER AGAIN! Also, if you have a small business selling products you’ve sewn, license for small-scale production for sale is included.
- Save printer ink: An additional pattern file for printing at a copy shop is included, so you don’t have to use up your printer cartidges or assemble pages. Also consider reading the instructions from your screen instead of printing them out.
- Ideals: Don’t want to contribute to environmental problems? This pattern can be easily made from repurposed sheets, duvet covers, curtains or tablecloths. There are even instructions given on how to reuse the original hems of any of these items!
- Match with your favorite little ones: The Evening Primrose Pajama Pants for children is coming soon!
(Note: this pattern was originally called the Oenothera Biennis Pajama Pants for women.)
Let’s get down to the nitty gritty.
The instructions include:
- 25-page pattern for home printing, with a table specifying which pages to print (here’s a tutorial on how to print and assemble PDF patterns). The PDF format also allows you to hide sizes you don’t need to avoid wasting printer ink and to save your eyes (this tutorial shows you how).
- Extra PDF pattern file for printing on 36″ (90 cm) wide paper at a copy shop if you prefer not to print at home.
- Size charts for 11 pants sizes and 3 pocket sizes.
- Professional line drawings illustrating each step.
- Table with fabric requirements for 60″ (150 cm) or 44″ (115 cm) wide fabric.
- Links to tutorials for specific techniques.
- Cutting guide for fabric optimization.
To sew this product, you need:
- Regular sewing machine (overlock machine optional in some steps)
- Very basic sewing skills (Need sewing help? Take my free sewing lessons!)
- Acrobat Reader for viewing the PDF file (click to download it for free)
- Light- to medium- weight woven fabric such as quilting cotton, linen, flannel, sweatshirt fleece, velour or fleece. Or be eco-friendly and repurpose a bedsheet, tablecloth or curtain! (fabric yardage varies from 5/8 yard [50 cm] to 2 1/2 yards [225 cm] depending on size and chosen length)
- Lightweight fabric for optional pockets
- 1″ (2.5 cm) non-roll elastic for the waistband or cording, ribbon, bias tape or extra lightweight fabric for the drawstring
- Standard sewing machine (serger/overlock machine is optional in some steps)
How to download the PDF files:
You can download the pattern files immediately after purchase, or download them from the email that will be sent to the address you purchased from. Please note that you will only be able to download the files ONE time, so please make sure that you will be able to save them when you click to download. The one download does not expire, so there is no rush to do so immediately!
Visit Cucicucicoo for free sewing and crafting tutorials and patterns, and sign up for the weekly newsletter for a free PDF pattern (details here), sewing and crafting news and tips, and weekly links to other free patterns!
Don’t forget to show off your work! Post pictures of your Evening Primrose Pajama Pants to the Cucicucicoo Creations Flickr group, to the Cucicucicoo Facebook page or any other social media with the hashtag #cucicucicoopatterns! And for any questions at all, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org!