Leggi questo post in: Italiano
One sewing pattern in either English or Italian (choose your preferred language in the drop-down menu above) for the Hyacinth Moto Leggings pattern for Women. Please note that this is an instant downloadable PDF pattern, NOT a finished sewn product!
The Hyacinth Moto Leggings pattern for Women lets sewists create a variety of trendy moto leggings thanks to the many options available. Choose between 10 sizes, 2 leg lengths, 2 waist heights and 2 views with different thigh inserts.
The front of the Hyacinth Moto Leggings pattern for Women is a series of pieces that get sewn together for an edgy and modern look. The back is like classic leggings.
View A features the ridged thigh insert typical of moto leggings. This option is for an advanced level and requires more time to sew the many folds.
View B is a simple thigh insert, perfect for a contrast color or printed fabric. This option is easier to sew and therefore perfect for an intermediate level and is less time-consuming. If you are sewing a contrast thigh insert, why not also add contrast knee patches, too, for a fun and colorful look?!
Why is the Hyacinth Moto Leggings Pattern for Women awesome?
- Perfect fit: Choose among 10 women’s sizes according to your hip measurement, then lengthen or shorten the leg length as needed. Instructions are given for modifying the leg length and there is a link to a tutorial on how to modify the pattern crotch curve to fit it perfectly to your unique body shape!
- Options, options, options: Options for length, waist and thigh insert so you can choose your favorite look for any season of the year!
- All the rage: Moto leggings are SUPER trendy these days! Wear these leggings just with a shirt or layer them under a skirt, dress or shorts!
- Perfect DIY gift: Not sure what to give to your teenage niece? Want to give your sister something really special that she’ll actually use? Because these leggings are so fashionable, any lady in your life will be thrilled to receive a pair! (Or give a pair to your favorite little girl! Check out the Hyacinth Moto Leggings pattern for girls in the Cucicucicoo Patterns shop!)
- Sew at your skill level: The basic View B option is perfect for intermediate sewists. It requires you know how to sew stretch fabrics and use a twin needle. (There is information on how to, as well as link to read more about these techniques.) More advanced sewists with more mastery with these techniques can also sew the View A option.
- Simplicity and speed: Two PDF files for instant download. Print the pattern on your home printer so you can get started right away.
- Save printer ink: An additional pattern file for printing at a copy shop on 36″ (90 cm) paper is included, so you don’t have to use up your printer cartidges or assemble pages. Also consider reading the instructions from your screen instead of printing them out.
- Ideals: Did you know that many garment factories, especially those working for fast fashion brands, pollute on a large scale and often have inhumane conditions for their workers? Sewing your own clothing is a form of protest against fast fashion and also supports independent business owners… me, in this case! Thank you so much!
The instructions include:
- 25-page pattern for home printing, with a table specifying which pages to print according to size and length (here’s a tutorial on how to print and assemble PDF patterns). The PDF format also allows you to hide sizes you don’t need in order to avoid wasting printer ink (this tutorial shows you how).
- Extra PDF pattern file for printing on 36″ (90 cm) wide paper at a copy shop if you prefer not to print at home.
- Professional line drawings illustrating each step.
- Table with 60″ (150 cm) and 44″ (115 cm) fabric requirements for each size and view.
- Cutting guides to help you optimize fabric usage.
- Information on how to sew stretch fabrics.
- Links to tutorials for specific sewing techniques.
To sew this product, you need:
- Regular sewing machine (overlock machine/serger useful, but not necessary)
- Intermediate sewing skills for View B or advanced skills for View A (Need sewing help? Take my free sewing lessons!)
- Acrobat Reader for viewing the PDF file (click to download it for free)
- Knit fabric with at least 5% spandex/lycra content. It MUST have a four-way stretch (meaning that it stretches both vertically and horizontally) and about a 50% stretch. More information is given in the instructions on how to choose fabric and the amount needed.
- 1″ (2.5 cm) non-roll elastic for the waistband
- Ballpoint pins*
- Polyester thread*
- Stretch needle*
- Stretch twin needle*
- Standard sewing machine (overlock machine/serger useful, but not necessary)
How to download the PDF files:
You can download the pattern files immediately after purchase, or download them from the email that will be sent to the address you purchased from. Note that the email with the links might be slightly delayed in arriving, so I highly suggest you download the files directly from the purchase confirmation page.
Visit Cucicucicoo for free sewing and crafting tutorials and patterns, and sign up here for the bi-monthly newsletter for dozens of free patterns, sewing and crafting tutorials, news and tips, and links to other free patterns!
Don’t forget to show off your work! Post pictures of your Hyacinth Moto Leggings to Kollabora, the Cucicucicoo Facebook page or any other social media with the hashtag #cucicucicoopatterns! And for any questions at all, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
*All starred links are affiliate links which help fund this blog. All opinions are my own.
Please read my affiliate link disclosure for more information.