Leggi questo post in: Italiano
Why pay when you can get this pattern FOR FREE?
Sign up for the Cucicucicoo newsletter here and you’ll receive this pattern and dozens of other sewing patterns, crafting template and other downloadables totally free!
One sewing pattern in either English or Italian (choose your preferred language in the drop-down menu above) for the Carry Everywhere Shopping Bag. Please note that this is an instant downloadable PDF pattern, NOT a finished sewn product!
The Carry Everywhere Shopping Bag is a lightweight bag that can be squashed up into the attached drawstring pouch. This pouch is compact and light enough to keep it in your bag all the time, meaning that you’ll always have it whenever you need it, even at the most unexpected times!
The most special feature of this shopping bag pattern, though, is the material it is sewn from: old umbrellas! We all have broken umbrellas at home, so why not remove the fabric and turn it into something incredibly useful, saving money and materials! (Find out how to remove umbrella fabric from the old frame here.)
Why is this pattern awesome?
- Look super cool: Plastic shopping bags are ugly. An umbrella bag, on the other hand, looks way cool! Even the ugliest umbrella looks great as a bag!
- Save money: Instead of paying for a fabric shopping tote, use materials that you already have. And if you sign up for my newsletter, you get the pattern for free, too!
- Amaze your friends: The people around you will never cease to be amazed when you pull your Carry Everywhere bag out from your tiny little purse!
- Amaze total strangers: Just wait til you see what sort of reactions people have in the checkout line when you tell them what your bag is made from!
- Avoid embarassment: Isn’t it awful when your flimsy plastic shopping bag rips open, dumping all your purchases all over the ground? The Carry Everywhere Shopper is much more sturdy, so you’ll never have to worry about it suddenly bursting open!
- Intermediate level: This shopping bag pattern is actually quite easy to sew, and the few intermediate-level techniques (such as French seams, felled seams and boxed corners), are explained in detail.
- Simplicity and speed: One PDF file for instant download and home printing so you can get started right away.
- Ideals: Don’t want to contribute to environmental problems? This bag is double-ecological because you avoid using disposable bags and it’s made from repurposed materials instead of new fabric!
- Match with the rest of your family or with your BFF: Once you sew one , you’ll never want to stop! So make one for everyone you know. Who wouldn’t want an umbrella shopping bag as a gift?
Let’s get down to the nitty gritty.
The instructions include:
- 6-page pattern for home printing, with a table specifying which pages to print (here’s a tutorial on how to print and assemble PDF patterns).
- Professional line drawings illustrating each step.
- Links to tutorials for specific techniques.
- Indications for making different size bags.
To sew this product, you need:
- Regular sewing machine
- Low-intermediate sewing skills (Need sewing help? Take my free sewing lessons!)
- Acrobat Reader for viewing the PDF file (click to download it for free)
- The fabric removed from one umbrella (or 90 cm [35″] of 120 cm- [47″-] wide lightweight fabric
- 50 cm (20″) of thin rope, cording, ribbon, etc for the drawstring
- One drawstring cord lock (optional)
- Standard sewing machine
How to download the PDF files:
You can download the pattern files immediately after purchase, or download them from the email that will be sent to the address you purchased from. Please note that you will only be able to download the files ONE time, so please make sure that you will be able to save them when you click to download. The one download does not expire, so there is no rush to do so immediately!
Visit Cucicucicoo for free sewing and crafting tutorials and patterns, and sign up here for the bi-monthly newsletter for this free PDF pattern and dozens of other free downloads, sewing and crafting news and tips, and links to other free patterns!
Don’t forget to show off your work! Post pictures of your Carry Everywhere Shopping Bag to the Cucicucicoo Creations Flickr group, to the Cucicucicoo Facebook page or any other social media with the hashtag #cucicucicoopatterns! And for any questions at all, feel free to contact me at [email protected]!