Leggi questo post in: Italiano
One sewing pattern in either English or Italian (choose your preferred language in the drop-down menu above) for the Field of Flowers costume for kids and adults. Please note that this is an instant downloadable PDF pattern, NOT a finished sewn product!
The Field of Flowers is a super simple costume that brings happiness to everyone around! The bright colors are loads of fun to sew, wear and look at. Wearers can wear all three components of the costume (body, hat and neck piece) or just the ones that he wants.
Why is this pattern awesome?
- Comfort: The loose-fitting design hangs over the body, so no complaining about uncomfortable costumes this year!
- Year-after-year use: The loose shape allows growing kids to use the costume more than one year.
- Winter or summer wear: Wear the costume over a tank top and shorts in the summer, or over a heavy jacket in the winter!
- Fits all sizes, even adults! Even adults are kids at heart, so there are 11 body and neck piece sizes from age 2 to XL Adult, and 6 hat sizes! ANYONE can wear this costume! You can even sew a matching costume for each member of your family!
- Beginner level: Even beginners can follow these instructions with the clear steps, illustrations and links to learn more about techniques.
- Simplicity and speed: Two PDF files for instant download so you can get started right away.
- Save money: We all know how much costumes cost. The Field of Flowers is very inexpensive to sew, with one main piece of fabric and the rest made from scraps you already have in your stash! Also, if you have a small business selling products you’ve sewn, license for small-scale production for sale is included.
- Save printer ink: An additional pattern file for printing at a copy shop is included, so you don’t have to use up your printer cartidges or assemble pages. Also consider reading the instructions from your screen instead of printing them out.
- Ideals: Don’t want to contribute to environmental problems? This pattern can be easily made from a repurposed sheet and unused clothing items. Instructions are given on how to best repurpose items you already have in your home!
Let’s get down to the nitty gritty.
The instructions include:
- 25-page pattern for home printing, with a table specifying which pages to print (here’s a tutorial on how to print and assemble PDF patterns). The PDF format also allows you to hide sizes you don’t need to avoid wasting printer ink and to save your eyes (this tutorial shows you how).
- Extra PDF pattern file for printing on 36″ (90 cm) wide paper at a copy shop if you prefer not to print at home.
- Size charts for 11 costume sizes and 6 hat sizes.
- Professional line drawings illustrating each step.
- Table with fabric requirements for 60″ (150 cm) or 44″ (115 cm) wide fabric.
- Links to tutorials for specific techniques.
- Cutting guide for fabric optimization.
To sew this product, you need:
- Regular sewing machine (overlock machine optional in some steps)
- Basic sewing skills (Need sewing help? Take my free sewing lessons!)
- Acrobat Reader for viewing the PDF file (click to download it for free)
- Light- to medium-weight green woven fabric. I highly suggest a natural fabric for easier ironing. Quilting cotton is a great choice, or be eco-friendly and repurpose an old bedsheet! (fabric yardage varies from 1 yard [80 cm] to 2 1/2 yards [230 cm] depending on size and fabric width)
- Various bright colors of any type of fabric, such as felt, fleece, or jersey. This is a great way to use up fabric scraps or to repurpose old clothing, such as colorful T-shirts!
- Batting: synthetic quilt batting or any other thick fabric, such as fleece, felted wool or thick flannel
- Heat’n Bond Lite or other iron-on adhesive (optional, but very useful).
- 2 cm (¾”) or 2.5 cm (1”) elastic the length as the head circumference.
- 3-5 snaps (hand sewn or with snap press), depending on size/Neck Piece style.
- Standard sewing machine (serger/overlock machine is optional in some steps)
How to download the PDF files:
You can download the pattern files immediately after purchase, or download them from the email that will be sent to the address you purchased from. Please note that you will only be able to download the files ONE time, so please make sure that you will be able to save them when you click to download. The one download does not expire, so there is no rush to do so immediately!
Visit Cucicucicoo for free sewing and crafting tutorials and patterns, and sign up for the weekly newsletter for free PDF patterns (details here), sewing and crafting news and tips, and weekly links to other free patterns!
Don’t forget to show off your work! Post pictures of your Field of Flowers costume to the Cucicucicoo Creations Flickr group, to the Cucicucicoo Facebook page or any other social media with the hashtag #cucicucicoopatterns! And for any questions at all, feel free to contact me at email@example.com