Leggi questo post in: Italiano
One sewing pattern in either English or Italian (choose your preferred language in the drop-down menu above) for the Celebrate! Banner fabric banner sewing pattern with appliqué. Please note that this is an instant downloadable PDF pattern, NOT a finished sewn product!
The Celebrate! Banner Pattern is a super versatile fabric banner sewing pattern. Choose between five flag shapes in four sizes. Customize your banner with four sizes of letters (upper- and lower-case), numbers, shapes and symbols to appliqué on the front of the pennants!
Make one for every holiday that you celebrate or for your favorite season. You can sew banners with your children’s names or with an inspirational message that makes you happy. Or why not just string up banners with your favorite colors, or remember a loved one with a “memory banner” made from his/her clothing. Go through your fabric scrap stash and use up all those bits of fabric left over from your other projects. You don’t even have to use fabric or even know how to sew to make a cool banner! The sky’s the limit!
Why is this pattern awesome?
- Everyone loves having fun! Seriously, what kind of party doesn’t have a fun and colorful banner hanging up? But you can even hang these banners up in your home for everyday enjoyment. After all, why wait until the next party to feel joyful and festive?!
- Options, options, options: Choose between five flag shapes, each of which comes in four sizes. Feel free to mix and match the shapes and sizes!
- Avoid fabric and/or sewing: Are you not really a sewing person? Instructions are given for sewing simple paper banners or even creating no-sew banners!
- Creativity rules! There is pretty much no end to the ways this pattern can be personalized! The testers of this pattern came up with absolutely original, useful and overall incredible ways to make their Celebrate! Banners!
- All the rage: Have you noticed that these days there are bunting banners everywhere? Get in on the action!
- Last minute results: Because the appliqué shapes are all ready for each size, you can create a banner at the last minute before a celebration without having to worry about making any modifications or drafting.
- Perfect DIY gift: These are so easy and everyone loves them, so why not make a bunch of Celebrate! Banners to give away for birthday and holiday gifts this year?!
- Beginner level: If you know how to use bias tape and how to turn and topstitch, you are all set to sew a banner! Even if you don’t know, the steps are explained in detail and links are provided to even more detailed photo tutorials for the techniques.
- Simplicity and speed: Two PDF files for instant download and home printing so you can get started right away.
- Save printer ink: An additional pattern file for printing at a copy shop is included, so you don’t have to use up your printer cartidges or assemble pages. Also consider reading the instructions from your screen instead of printing them out.
- Ideals: Don’t want to contribute to environmental problems? The Celebrate! Banner sewing pattern is perfect to sew from used clothing or other reclaimed fabrics, or use up your fabric scraps instead of buying new fabric!
The instructions include:
- 49-page pattern for home printing, with a table specifying which pages to print according to size and shape (here’s a tutorial on how to print and assemble PDF patterns). The PDF format also allows you to hide sizes you don’t need in order to avoid wasting printer ink (this tutorial shows you how).
- Extra PDF pattern file for printing on 36″ (90 cm) wide paper at a copy shop if you prefer not to print at home.
- Professional line drawings illustrating each step.
- Table with fabric requirements for each shape and size flag.
- Links to tutorials for specific techniques.
To sew this product, you need:
- Regular sewing machine
- Beginner sewing skills, or none at all if making the no-sew version! (Need sewing help? Take my free sewing lessons!)
- Acrobat Reader for viewing the PDF file (click to download it for free)
- Small amounts of fabric (the precise amount depends on the size/shape/number of flags that you sew) for the banner pennants. This is a great way to use up fabric yardage left over from other sewing projects!
- Double fold bias tape. (I prefer 13 mm [½”] width, but any width works fine.) The length of bias tape needed depends on the size and number of flags.
- Fabric scraps for the appliqué letters/symbols
- Heat’n Bond Lite*
- Standard sewing machine
- Bias binder foot (optional)
How to download the PDF files:
You can download the pattern files immediately after purchase, or download them from the email that will be sent to the address you purchased from. Please note that you will only be able to download the files ONE time, so please make sure that you will be able to save them when you click to download. The one download does not expire, so there is no rush to do so immediately!
Visit Cucicucicoo for free sewing and crafting tutorials and patterns, and sign up for the weekly newsletter for free PDF patterns, sewing and crafting news and tips, and weekly links to other free patterns!
Don’t forget to show off your work! Post pictures of your projects made from Cucicucicoo Patterns or tutorials to the Cucicucicoo Creations Facebook group or any other social media with the hashtag #cucicucicoopatterns! And for any questions at all, feel free to contact me at [email protected]!