Leggi questo post in: Italiano
I had some things I wanted to spice up a tiny bit so I decided to add some patches. Here we have a nice Hello Kitty (my daughter’s most recent passion) and a dinosaur. Nothing special. Then I saw this post on how to make your own fabric patches/appliques and I decided to try it. I still haven’t made any of my own shapes, as in the other post, because I had scraps of fabric with pictures already in them, so I just cut those out.
For example, a nice flannel left over from our cloth wipes with cats and colored shapes. I used it to decorate a hand-me-down t-shirt of my daughter’s which was a bit too blah, as well as some of her undies that I’d made from some of my husband’s old t-shirts. Sooner or later I’ll write about the undies (these are a bit ugly because they were the first test ones). Using fusible interfacing, an iron and a tight zig-zag stitch it’s pretty easy.
I also decorated a potty seat carrying sack that I made out of an old t-shirt, but that will have to wait until the next time!