Leggi questo post in: Italiano
One wet bags pattern in either English or Italian (choose your preferred language in the drop-down menu above). Please note that this is an instant downloadable PDF pattern, NOT a finished sewn product!
Wet bags are fabric pouches or bags that are waterproof on the inside, used for carrying dirty or wet items when outside the home. They are perfect for use with washable cloth products, so that you can put your used diapers, wipes, menstrual pads or nursing pads inside the zipped compartment. Or use a double-zip bag so that you can carry both clean and used items in separate compartments in the same bag! They’re also great for toting wet bathing suits and swim gear at the beach or pool. (Alternatively, you can use them to protect dry items from splashes.)
Wet bags are easy to use and clean (indications are given in the instructions). They are more fashionable than plastic bags and the zippers keep dampness and smell inside, meaning you won’t have to hide it. They are also much sturdier than plastic bags, which rip easily. Use fabrics that complement your diaper bag or purse! For more information on why and how to use wet bags, see this page.
Why is this pattern awesome?
- Ideals: no more guilt trips about throwing away disposable products.
- Esthetics: ditch that plastic bag for your favorite colored fabrics.
- Professional look: no exposed seams visibile in the two fully lined variations.
- Intermediate level: if you can sew a zipper, you can sew these.
- Safety: protect your things from getting wet.
- Everyone loves options! Choose between three wet bag styles, each in three sizes, plus optional carry loop and boxed corners.
- Simplicity and speed: just one 31-page PDF file for instant download.
- Versatility: use non-waterproof bags as carry pouches or pencil cases.
- Make money: small-scale production for sale is allowed (printable info sheet included).
Let’s get down to the nitty gritty.
The instructions include:
- 14-page pattern with layers so as to display only the size/s desired— or use the dimensions given to avoid printing the pattern at all! (Here’s a tutorial on how to print and assemble PDF patterns.)
- discussion of fabrics, including upcycling options
- professional line drawings illustrating each step
- links to tutorials for specific techniques
- printable information sheet to include with gifts or sold sewn items
To sew this product, you need:
- Standard sewing machine
- Basic sewing skills (installing zippers and sewing waterproof fabric. Need sewing help? Take my free sewing lessons!)
- Acrobat Reader for viewing the PDF file (click to download it for free)
Necessary fabric requirements per wet bag (depending on style and size):
- one or two 7 – 12″ (18 – 30 cm) zipper/s
- 14 x 8″ (36 x 21 cm) – 30 x 13″ (75 x 33 cm) cotton or other outer fabric
- 14 x 8″ (36 x 21 cm) – 59 x 13″ (149 x 33 cm) PUL or other waterproof fabric
How to download the PDF file:
You can download the pattern file immediately after purchase, or download it from the email that will be sent to the address you purchased from. Please note that you will only be able to download the file ONE time, so please make sure that you will be able to save it when you click to download. The one download does not expire, so there is no rush to do so immediately!
Visit Cucicucicoo for free sewing and crafting tutorials and patterns, and sign up for the weekly newsletter for a free PDF pattern (details here), sewing and crafting news and tips, and weekly links to other free patterns!
Don’t forget to show off your work! Post pictures of your wipes to the Cucicucicoo Creations Flickr group, to the Cucicucicoo Facebook page or any other social media with the hashtag #cucicucicoopatterns! And for any questions at all, feel free to contact me at email@example.com!