One cloth nursing pads pattern in either English or Italian (choose your preferred language in the drop-down menu above). Please note that this is an instant downloadable PDF pattern, NOT a finished sewn product!
Everyone knows that breastfeeding your baby gives him the best start in life. Cucicucicoo cloth nursing pads protect your clothing from milk leakage while helping you avoid the chemicals and harm to the environment inherent in disposables!
They are simple to use and machine wash (indications are given in the instructions). There are even included instructions on sewing a zippered wash bag to avoid losing the nursing pads in the washing machine. When out of the home, put your used pads in a small wet bag! For more information on why and how to use cloth nursing pads, see this page.
Why is this pattern awesome?
- Ideals: no more guilt trips about throwing away disposable products.
- Comfort: no more crinkly bleached paper on your skin.
- Beginner level: you don’t have to be a sewing pro to make these.
- Customized to you: get the perfect fit for your body and needs with either flat or conical pads.
- Safety: option to make your nursing pads waterproof to avoid leaking
- Everyone loves options! Choose between three different sewing methods.
- Simplicity and speed: just one 17-page PDF file for instant download
- Save money: no more money spent on disposables. Also, small-scale production for sale is allowed.
Let’s get down to the nitty gritty.
The instructions include:
- five-page pattern: one page for the nursing pads and four pages for the wash bag– or use the dimensions given to avoid printing the wash bag pieces (here’s a tutorial on how to print and assemble PDF patterns)
- discussion of fabrics, including upcycling options
- professional line drawings illustrating each step
- links to tutorials for specific techniques
- printable information sheet to include with gifts or sold sewn items
To sew this product, you need:
- Regular sewing machine (overlock machine optional in some steps)
- Very basic sewing skills (Need sewing help? Take my free sewing lessons!)
- Acrobat Reader for viewing the PDF file (click to download it for free)
Necessary fabric requirements per pair of 5″- (12 cm-) wide pads:
- 12 x 12″ (30 x 30 cm) white cotton flannel
- 6 x 12″ (15 x 30 cm) colored cotton flannel
- 3 x 6″ (8 x 16 cm) cotton terry
Necessary fabric requirements per washing bag:
- 9 x 24.5″ (22.5 x 62 cm) nylon mesh
- 8 ” (20 cm) zipper with plastic or nylon teeth
How to download the PDF file:
You can download the pattern file immediately after purchase, or download it from the email that will be sent to the address you purchased from. Please note that you will only be able to download the file ONE time, so please make sure that you will be able to save it when you click to download. The one download does not expire, so there is no rush to do so immediately!
Visit Cucicucicoo for free sewing and crafting tutorials and patterns, and sign up for the weekly newsletter for a free PDF pattern (details here), sewing and crafting news and tips, and weekly links to other free patterns!
Don’t forget to show off your work! Post pictures of your wipes to the Cucicucicoo Creations Flickr group, to the Cucicucicoo Facebook page or any other social media with the hashtag #cucicucicoopatterns! And for any questions at all, feel free to contact me at email@example.com!